Safety & Burning
At The Candleberry Candle Co®, we want you to experience the maximum enjoyment and pleasure from our candles. We take great pride in producing the finest candles in the world. Candleberry candles® are made with superior fragrance technology using the highest quality ingredients and materials available. However, it's very important that you burn our candles responsibly. Please follow these guidelines to ensure safety with your Candleberry candles.
- Handle with care; glass containers are fragile. Do not use if the jar is chipped, cracked or scratched. Do not refill candle jar with wax.
- Place candle on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from water or anything that can catch fire, and out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep wick(s) trimmed to ¼” inches at all times.
- Keep the wax pool free of debris, or any combustible material.
- Avoid burning candles in drafty areas.
- Keep candles within sight at all times. Never leave burning candles unattended.
- If smoking occurs, check for drafts or high traffic areas, which may cause flame to flicker and smoke. Also, be sure that the wick is no longer than 1/4". If it is, extinguish, trim to 1/4", and relight.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar. The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, burn 4 hours at a time.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use of the candle when 1/2" of wax is left.
- Extinguish flame carefully before replacing the lid. Do not extinguish the flame with the candle lid.
- Teach your friends and family the rules of safe candle use.
How to Store Your Candle Properly
The candle fragrance oils and wax we use in our candles are sensitive to both temperature and light, so please be careful when storing candles for an extended period of time. If you store your candle, be sure it is in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or intense light. Keeping your candle in a dark place will protect it from fading and from any discoloration, a box or cabinet would be a great place to store your candle.
Since our candles can be sensitive to extreme heat and cold temperatures, it’s best to store them between 50ºF and 85ºF. Be sure not to leave your Candleberry candles in your car for an extended period of time (particularly on hot days) as they may discolor or melt. Extreme cold causes cracking and separation, so it’s best to follow our temperature guidelines. After long exposure to the cold, you should allow the candle to return to room temperature for a minimum of 4 hours before burning it to minimize potential damage.