This easy apple crisp is perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! It’s made the old-fashioned way, just like Grandma used to make it!
Here's What You'll Need:
- 6 delicious red apples, peeled and chopped ( can also be sliced)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
- pinch of kosher salt
Now, let's put it together:
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter an 8×8 baking dish, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Or you can use a cast iron skillet! Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped (or sliced) apples, granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add topping ingredients (brown sugar, oats, flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt, and diced cold butter). Combine the butter into the oat mixture, using a slight downward twisting motion, until mixture resembled pea-sized crumbs. Alternatively, you can use two forks or even your hands to cut butter into the mixture.
- Spread your yummy topping over apples in baking dish, and gently pat to even it out. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm and enjoy! Don't forget the side of vanilla ice cream ;)
Oh! And if you want to make it extra special, add a little caramel drizzle on top or whipped cream! (chefs kiss)
We can't wait for you to try this recipe and share your results with us :) if you made alterations tot he recipe, let us know in the comments!
This recipe is inspired by our Juicy Macintosh candle. The fragrance you ask? Well, It's just that. It's a big, red, delicious, juicy macintosh apple. If you love a fresh cut apple smell, this is the perfect candle for your home or space.