With some cooler days approaching, we are feelin’ fall around here! Our autumn candle production is in full swing and the office chatter consists of college football banter. As we transition into fall, we’re also craving all the yummy treats that inspire some of our favorite candles. One in particular is these chocolate marshmallow cookies that we love to pair with our Candleberry Marshmallow and Embers scented candle!
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 10oz bag of mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with a nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; mix until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop (about 1½ inches in diameter) or a heaping tablespoon, scoop a ball of dough, flatten the dough in your hand to the size of your palm, push the marshmallows into the center, roll up the edges, and form a ball.
- Roll the ball of dough in the ½ cup of granulated sugar and place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until you start to see the marshmallows poking through the top of the cookie. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing. Cool on a cooling rack or a sheet of parchment paper.
For more tips on this recipe, visit EasyDessertRecipes.com
Another perk of these cookies is that you can freeze them for later! All you need to do is freeze chocolate marshmallow cookies in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 1 month. Let thaw at room temperature. Here’s to campfires, football, and all the comfort food this season!
The Candleberry Candle Company