The rich smell of leather is something that almost everyone loves to take in. Whether it is from a new purse that was gifted to you or a new car you just bought, there’s something about that NEW smell that just screams luxury. With luxury comes upkeep to ensure that your leather goods stay in tip top shape for years to come. So light up one of our Candleberry Leather candles and take in 5 of our top leather caretaking tips below!
- Sunlight and heat can cause leather to fade and stretch, so try to keep goods at room temperature when possible to ensure longevity.
- When cleaning your leather goods, use a soft cloth with warm water. Make sure the cloth is only damp and use a circular motion to carefully clean the entire surface of the item and remove any dust or dirt.
- If the forecast calls for heavy rain, grab an umbrella on your way out the door to ensure your leather goods stay dry!
- If you want to maintain that soft leather feel, you will need to condition your item at least twice a year! This tip may change the color of the item slightly, but will ensure it doesn’t crack for years to come.
- When you are caretaking a wallet or bag, make sure to not overfill them! Once these items stretch, they will not return to their original shape. To keep your bags in great shape, clean the leather frequently with the above instructions and try to condition them every six months.
If a high quality leather good is not in your foreseeable future, hopefully one of our Candleberry Leather candles are so you can close your eyes and smell the luxury!
The Candleberry Candle Company