A sweet southern tradition that will forever stand the test of time is a Praline. This melt-in-your-mouth treat is a cross between a cookie and a candy and it's loaded with crunchy pecans, butter, and fabulous brown sugar flavor! This recipe will make the *chefs kiss* praline of your dreams and pairs perfectly with our Praline Dreams Candleberry Candle!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups toasted and chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup boiling water, if needed
Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Alternatively, use a silicone mat on top of the baking sheet
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the white sugar, brown sugar, and evaporated milk.
Stir until the sugar dissolves. Once all is well mixed, insert a candy thermometer. Cook the candy, stirring occasionally, until the thermometer reads 240 F
Once the proper temperature is reached, remove the pan from the heat and drop the cubes of butter on top, without stirring. Allow the sugar mixture to sit for 1 minute.
Add the vanilla extract and pecans.
- Continue to stir until the candy starts to hold its shape. It should still be easy to stir, but don't overdo it, as pralines quickly go from fluid to rock-solid.
- Once the confection has a lighter opaque-brown color and is holding its shape, work quickly and drop small spoonfuls of the candy onto the prepared baking sheet. Because the pralines will start to set in the saucepan, you need to spoon out the candy as fast as you safely can. If the candy stiffens before you’re done scooping, add a spoonful of boiling hot water and stir until it loosens, then continue scooping until you have formed all the pralines.
Allow the candy to fully set at room temperature; it should take about 30 minutes for the pralines to harden.
Whether you enjoy them on a yummy desert or in a salad, always keep the goodness going by pairing your baking with a Praline Dreams Candle. We can certainly say this is one of our most powerful, true-to-the-name scents, that you can smell for a long time even after blowing it out!. Enjoy 🎃🍁
The Candleberry Candle Company