We took a seasonal favorite (spice cake) and infused it with the tropical taste of summer (pineapple!). The result is this deliciously easy three-ingredient masterpiece. Enjoy! Don't forget to grab your New Spiced Pineapple Cake candle to enjoy the fragrance of this delicious cake throughout the season!
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices, drained
- 10 to 12 maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a saucepan, melt 2/3 cup butter; stir in brown sugar. Spread in the bottom of an ungreased heavy 12-in. ovenproof skillet or a 13x9-in. baking pan. Arrange pineapple in a single layer over sugar mixture; place a cherry in the center of each slice. Sprinkle with pecans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add alternately to batter with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Carefully pour over the pineapple. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes for skillet, 50-60 minutes for baking pan. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm.
1 piece: 509 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Try baking this cake in your cast iron skillet!
Recipe Credit: Taste of Home
Favorite candles by far!
Especially the tarts
Going to try some new scents!
November 02, 2022
Love this candle company!! Will bake the cake and try this candle!!
September 11, 2022
Leave a comment