This Lemon Drop Cocktail is a sweet and tart cocktail great for a ladies’ night or after-dinner cocktails. This lemon drop cocktail is a riff on a classic martini and is perfect for those who want a strong cocktail, but don't really have a taste for alcohol.
- 4oz vodka
- 1oz triple sec
- 2oz simple syrup
- 2oz lemon juice
- 1lemon zest
Things You’ll Need
- Cocktail shaker
- Liquid measure
- Citrus zester
- First, sugar the rim of your glass. Place the sanding sugar in a shallow dish big enough to fit the mouth of your glass in.
- Wet the edges of the glasses (using either simple syrup or water) and then immediately dip the edge into the sanding sugar, rotating to coat the edge completely. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the remaining ingredients.
- Attach lid and shake well.
- Divide the lemon drop cocktail between your glasses.
- Zest two small strip of lemon skin from your lemon, and then twist well. We like to use a chopstick or a skewer to wrap to skin around.
- Garnish the glass with the lemon twist and serve.
This is definitely a dessert cocktail, as it’s a bit too sweet to pair with a meal, but it is perfect for sipping on with friends – especially in the summer.
Expert Tips & FAQs
- You can use any orange-flavored liquor to replace triple sec if you don’t have it.
- Make your own simple syrup by mixing together equal parts of water and sugar and bring to a boil on the stove until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool completely.
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 258cal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 47mg | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin C: 14.9mg | Iron: 1mg
For more tips and tricks on making this yummy cocktail click here Thanks Amanda for this great recipe!