Negativity is mainly a result of fear - fear of failure, fear of embarrassment and the fear of judgment. I learned the hard way that negative thoughts and lack of confidence definitely holds you back, but I also learned that it's all about mindset. Cultivating a positive mindset can and will change everything. This will help you turn failure and fear into fuel so that you take courageous action and make better decisions for yourself moving forward.
Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair. With this in mind I was trying to come up with ways to give myself positive reminders or words of encouragement. Which brings me to the point of this blog, I made a “Pick Me Up Jar” - this is a cool way to upcycle your candle jars while spreading kindness within yourself.
To make this jar all you will need is an empty Candleberry Candle Jar (See blog “Ways To Remove Wax From Your Candle Jar” to see how to get a clean, shiny jar) some paper, scissors and whatever you want to decorate it with. Get creative, this is a “feel good” thing so you want to make it visually pleasing to your standards. Decorate your jar, write your quotes, stuff them in the jar and display it on your counter, dresser, table, etc.
When you’re feeling down, anxious or overwhelmed, draw a paper out of the jar, read it, take a deep breath and continue on. These little sweet words will make the biggest difference, scientifically it can “alter the expression of genes, strengthening areas in our frontal lobes and promoting the brain's cognitive functioning” meaning it will make you feel good, more relaxed, more inspired and more enthusiastic. Below I am going to list a few examples of what quotes you can include in your jar to get your ball rolling - be personal, be creative.
- “Catch your breath and get back up”
- “You only lose what you cling to”
- “A certain darkness is needed to see the stars”
- “Happiness starts with and in YOU”
- “”Life is way too short to spend another day at war with yourself”
- “There are some things you can only learn in a storm”
- “You would be surprised who is watching your journey and getting inspired. Don’t quit.”
- “A focused mind is one of the most powerful things in the universe”
- “Never be a prisoner of your past, it was a lesson not a life sentence”
- “Stay close to anything that makes you glad to be alive”
- “Don’t go back for less because you are too impatient to wait for more”
- “Peace begins with a smile”
- “You were enough yesterday, you are enough today and you will be enough tomorrow”
- “Negative people need drama like oxygen, stay positive and take their breath away”
- “Reset, refocus, readjust, restart”
- “Don’t let the pain consume you, appreciate the experience and keep going”
- “Don’t be afraid to take the highroad”
Here is my “Pick Me Up Jar”, simple and sweet. 💕
Share yours with us on Facebook or Instagram!
@The Candleberry Candle Company